If you are in the market for a Windows laptop or Surface Pro I would recommend researching and buying a device from the Microsoft Store in your neighborhood mall. There are several good reasons…
- The laptop/device is Signature Windows i.e. there is no “bloatware” installed by PC/laptop vendors.
- The system comes with Windows Defender (anti-piracy, security software built into windows)
- The devices have multi-touch support i.e. one can use gestures to interact with the system in addition to other input devices (mouse, keyboard, voice etc)
- For additional $150 you can get a Apple care like service for 2 years beyond manufacturer’s warranty i.e. total 3 years.
- They have a wide variety of devices & products and knowledgable staff. Great price points (e.g. $699 for Lenovo 15.6″, Intel i7 dual-proc, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Windows 10, Office 365 OR $599 for similar Acer system)
- Office/Office 365 is bundled into the product.
- Even without the $150 service package you can bring the device back to the Microsoft store for help or training.
- The system will have latest Windows 10 OS and Office software.
I am an ex-engineer from Microsoft Research & the Windows Core OS division and love developing & learning hardware/software systems. All the best!